Menu
Kemi123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Avonline socket. Which connects to Virgin Media?

Spoiler

Hi there,

I was told there was virgin media at this property before. I have the self install kit. Does anyone know which of these I should plug into?

Kemi

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Avonline socket. Which connects to Virgin Media?

Which of what?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Kemi123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi I uploaded a photo. 

I have the following outlets in my avonline box

-sky/freesat

-sky+

-tv

- DAB/ FM

-HOTBIRD

-TURKSAT

Not aure which of these can be used to connect my  virgin media?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

All VM equipment needs to e connected to VM proprietary sockets / boxes.

Have a read through >> THIS << thread

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Kemi123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I did read through that but didn't see a definitive answer. I guess I'll need to book for an engineer

I'm up on the  6th floor though and was told  that there had been virgin media in this flat before

.hence booking the self install. So i wondered of one of these options on this box could be used

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You will probaly e as well sending the kit ack then ask for an initial installation, they will survey the property and say yes or no.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MikeRobbo wrote:

You will probaly e as well sending the kit ack then ask for an initial installation, they will survey the property and say yes or no.

you dont need to send the kit back at this point- if the VM data base confirms there has been a connection there previously as it does as they have sent a self install kit then ring and book a tech install - the tech should then sort it - you could also have a word with the flat maintenance people to see if they have any info also other tenants as they may know how things are connected

post the image again as something went wrong

whilst non of the connections you list appear to be VM one may be connected back to a central point and wrongly labelled 

Tony
0 Kudos
Kemi123
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

PhotoGrid_1579691574171.jpg

Please let me know if you can see the image. 

Ive booked for an  engineer now

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

image now shows - well it does for me

i was going to say there is a similar thread but see you have found it - unfortunately there was no conclusion as you have seen so you will have to see what the tech say

Tony
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Please let the forum know the Techs opiion.

0 Kudos