cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At my wits end

matthewarmitage
Joining in

I'm at my wits end and not sure what to do/where to go, I've been waiting for a technician to come accross and do some wire pulling outside for over a week now, each day they say they're coming between 8am-1pm and no one ever does.

I've called customer service multiple times daily been told this and that and I've gotten nowhere, they've said they're getting the dispatch team to contact me and they never do.

Where can I take it from here? I've already got compensation sorted which is fine but I'm still none the wiser as to when my ACTUAL issue is going to be resolved if at all?

Getting really wound up by the whole thing and I think I might just cancel and join BT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If this is the cable from the road to your house it will likely be done by a subcontractor. In which case no one can control or predict when it might happen. Just make sure you get the correct amount of compensation, and not the pittance that VM might offer you. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If this is the cable from the road to your house it will likely be done by a subcontractor. In which case no one can control or predict when it might happen. Just make sure you get the correct amount of compensation, and not the pittance that VM might offer you. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi yes apparently they need to send a construction team to dig up the road but could not give an ETA, I'm just gonna go ahead and cancel, thanks for the reply.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi matthewarmitage,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced with getting installed, just to clarify did our team a rough timeline on when the construction work would be completed.

Also has there been an active complaint on the account regarding this matter?

Regards,

Kain

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Don't cancel yet. 

Go ahead with another supplier, but leave VM running. When they finally do connect, you can cancel without cost under the 14 day rule.  You'll get far more compensation that way, and the cable will be in place if you want it in the future. 

- jpeg1