Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Area 31 Problems? Connection dropping

Since about 20th May I've been having dropped connections once or twice a day.  Latest at 8.23am this morning.  Just long enough to drop my remote working connection and any video or phone calls I'm on at the time.

Hub log below for latest outage - sync loss. 

Downstream SNR on all channels is 40dB.  RxMER (dB) is a fraction above 40 on all channels.  Upstream power is between 4.3 and 4.525 (4 channels).

Any thoughts?

My Broadband Ping

05/06/2020 08:22:21Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
05/06/2020 08:22:21criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
05/06/2020 08:22:21Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Area 31 Problems? Connection dropping

Thank you for your post.

Do you still require some help with your connection? 

If so, can we please confirm if this is happening through wired or wireless connections? 

What are the speed tests looking like at the moment? Through wired would be best for this.

We do also advise running a Broadband Quality Monitor for 24 hours and then let us know the results so we can see these drops.

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Same here - also area 31 and most of the time this runs ok but with multiple outages each day of mostly <1 minute that drop voice calls etc with a couple of a few minutes.

SH3 in modem mode and wired connection or wifi access point. (makes no difference)  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

audresss please make your own post as area codes are not geographical so you may not be experiencing the same issues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, 

Thanks for following up.   Still a problem. 

Speed tests are fine (http://www.speedtest.net/result/9567354667).  I run EMCO Ping Monitor locally, and also BQM for this connection. That is how I know it was better before 20th May.

Latest outages at 00:26 and 2:45 this morning.  BQM, modem log and EMCO Ping Monitor all concur.

All the relevant local kit is on a UPS and all tested and measured through Gigabit ethernet wired. 

Latest BQM below, showing 00:26 and 2:45 (7:51 outage was a local power failure).  

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/879e95097d33b12b73b22272af7b...

Modem log:-

07/06/2020 02:44:59criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/06/2020 00:26:32Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I've had a look at the backend of your services and I'm not able to see any problems that would be causing this to happen. The connection entering your property looks fine.

Have you tried a factory reset of the hub? 

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  I'll try that later - it will be disruptive.

I operate the hub in modem mode and have not changed any other settings, but I suppose a reset might flush some things through?

If there's nothing showing in the area, my hunch is an intermittent cable fault back to the cab, or something failing in the cab.  The parts I can see don't show any physical damage, but this is a very early ntl install so 20+ years old.  I wouldn't be surprised if it needs a bit of tlc by now. 

And yes, based on modem stats the connection looks fine virtually all the time, but clearly has a problem because it keeps losing sync.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I understand it could be disruptive, but we need to make sure we've tried all avenues.

Thank you, let me know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes, of course. Didn't mean to sound rude 😉.
I'll have a go at lunchtime.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No problem, you didn't at all 🙂 

Thank you!

Melissa 

0 Kudos