Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are TV and BB connectors the same?

Hi, we used to have Virgin here years ago but moved away after a lot of issues in the local area. I have decided to come back but the house layout has changed a bit since our last connection. 

We will need an engineer out as the box on the wall outside the property has been exposed to the elements for a few years. I also used to have my hub downstairs and TV upsatairs.

We are just getting Broadband this time around. The TV connection that was upsatirs is still there, this is where we are hoping to put the hub. Are the cables for the TV connection and the hub connection the same?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are TV and BB connectors the same?

The [newish] V6 TV box has a short adaptor cable but apart from that they are the same.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

the cabling is the same for tv and broadband. Have you asked for a technician visit?

i am happy to support you in ensuring you get the service you need.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have an engineer visit booked. Was only asking as it would save time for engineer if the connections were the same as the TV connection sis still there. 

Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@BigStu78 wrote:

Yes, I have an engineer visit booked. Was only asking as it would save time for engineer if the connections were the same as the TV connection sis still there. 

Thanks for the help. 

A lot of techs will swap out the old isolators in the wall boxes for the new inline type, so you may have a new socket anyway.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos