cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Service

GraZo10
Joining in

Signed up with Virgin Media as we were sucked in by the promise of faster and more stable internet. 
Thus far, this has not been the case, not by a long way!! 
First, the WiFi is weak and doesn’t make it all around the house. We contacted Virgin about this 8 weeks ago and the CS representative said  he would order boosters for us. Still waiting! Now can’t find anywhere to track the order and now can’t see where we can actually order them ourselves! So only getting internet in half of the house.
Second, when we are able to connect in weaker spots it’s slow as hell, at 
best this morning I was getting 6mbps. Which is ridiculous! 
Third, in stronger spots it’s fast, when it works! It drops out all the time and I have lost count of the amount of times we have had to reset the friggin router! 
Fourth, Customer Service opening hours are laughable! In a global marketplace where people operate on a 24 hour basis, having internet issues and not being able to contact anyone until 8am is a bloody nightmare! 
Five, don’t even start me on the damn autobot! I want to speak with a human being not a damn robot who keeps telling me to do the things I’ve already done more than once and then drops my damn connection!!! 

Six, The Virgin Connect app is also crap, can’t find the hub even though I’m practically on top of it and have scanned in the information. Absolutely useless! 

So I’m paying for a service I’m barely getting. I work from home like many others and this is making it impossible to do my job!!!! 

Unless I get these issues solved and there is a significant improvement in service and availability of boosters then virgin media can take their contract for a long walk off a short pier! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How are your speeds over an Ethernet wired connection?

That will help ID if this is purely a wireless problem, or if there's also an issue with your underlying broadband.

Unfortunately, because VM have no control over wireless speeds - they will only guarantee the speed to an Ethernet connected device. Wireless can be a dark art sometimes, and whilst the pods VM supply can often help - you can (in many cases) be better off getting your own wireless equipment and using it with VM's router in modem mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How are your speeds over an Ethernet wired connection?

That will help ID if this is purely a wireless problem, or if there's also an issue with your underlying broadband.

Unfortunately, because VM have no control over wireless speeds - they will only guarantee the speed to an Ethernet connected device. Wireless can be a dark art sometimes, and whilst the pods VM supply can often help - you can (in many cases) be better off getting your own wireless equipment and using it with VM's router in modem mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ethernet is grand, but I can’t hardwire all of my devices. One of the reasons we went with virgin was because after extensive research we were assured that we would have excellent coverage and it would be no bother. So far nothing but hassle and now I find out that the free booster we were promised when I took on the contract and still hasn’t pitched up, is now going to cost my an extra £5 a month and wasn’t ordered originally because they had no stock but no one thought to tell us that. Spent most of the morning on a web chat to sort out the issues. There is a fault but god knows what it is, apparently this will take about 2 hours to deal with remotely, and the app is currently being looked at too. So much for hassle free super fast broadband!! 

WiFi is never guaranted! So many variables - no company could!

BT will attempt it.... for an extra £10 per month which _rents_ you a MESH system!

Honestly - buy your own wireless solution - your sanity will thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7