Menu
Toto2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Appalling Attitude towards dedicated customers.

Hi, I have been a dedicated Virgin Media customers since 2011.

My last contract is about to expire and I wanted to set up a new contract for 12 months, which is currently on sale, discounted from £42 to £28 per month and no installation charge. I have tried to update online, but "Opps" - no online upgrades for faithful customers. Ok... I have called the first Call Centre, somewhere in India but I have managed to understand that maximum they can offer is £40 per month...What? Why? You can not discriminate new customers against old ones! Nevertheless, he managed to transfer me to Broadband Connections. They have offered me lowest £36/month on a contract!? WHAT? WHY? This is disgusting. You do not have the right to do that. I have cancelled now with 30 days notice and after 30 days I may come back to you as a new customer and use the deal, which is for new customers. Great. Or go with someone else. It might be even more expensive, but I refuse to be your milking cow.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling Attitude towards dedicated customers.

you are not a new customer. The going rate for m100 is £42. that is the correct price

M100 Fibre Broadband: New customers only. Minimum term applies to your cable service, check basket for details. M100 Fibre Broadband (average download speed 108Mbps). £42 £28 a month for 12 months. Broadband only. If you cancel your service during your minimum term an early disconnection fee will apply. If you upgrade any aspect of the service, standard pricing will apply to that upgrade. Virgin Media reserves the right to withdraw or amend the pricing if you change any part of your package. Virgin Media reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer unless stated by Virgin Media. 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Also it's at least 90 days for you to come back as a "new" customer 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Toto2017
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Exactly what I wanted.

Once I cancelled, I will be a new customer and I will be able to get it.

Additionally, they Virgin can not discriminate new against existing customers. I do not think this is acceptable any more. Not at least with my other service providers.

0 Kudos
Toto2017
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was informed that it will be 30 days to come back as a "new" customer.

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's a shame VM have refused to join BT and Sky in offering new customer prices to existing customers subject to a 18 month contract renewal.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

no it's 90 days before that you are a returning customer
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

"Additionally, they Virgin can not discriminate new against existing customers. I do not think this is acceptable any more. Not at least with my other service providers."

Also they are not. you can get the same package as new customer but you do not fall into the requirements for the offer so you get the same contract without the new customer deal.
Tjhe price and terms are on the page so they are not breaking the Ofcom rules
0 Kudos
Toto2017
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The problem is that I was refused the same contract and I was offered much higher price e.g. £36/m instead of £28/m and I do not care how low OFCOM will bow to Virgin.If I cannot get the same deal, because I am not a new customer, that means I am discriminated , because I was a faithful customer for so long.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

what internet are you expecting for £36?
The M100 is £42 not 36
0 Kudos