Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

App can not connect hub 3

Altough i tried several times install the app, scan the tag , delete the app reopen it and also reset the hub,reboot the device which has the app i cannot manage connect to my hub 3 . My device is i phone with  ios 14.1. And when it comes to scan it keeps saying that it looks like you’re connected to your home network via an unrecognised access point. Please connect to a Hub or wi fi booster to scan your home. But this is the only hub virgin media gave me. 
I also need a wi fi booster but if app doesn’t work how can i manage to order one. I called customer services several times wait so long online to no avail. This is frustrating please help me to solve the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: App can not connect hub 3

First - why do you want to use the connect App? Everything it does you can do by other means. If its a wifi issue - see this...

--------
Be aware that new boosters are now currently only supplied free if you have the Hub4. You dont - so they will add a £3/mo charge and so they aren't. The maths say you would be far better putting those monies towards sourcing your own better quality, wireless equipment with the Hub in modem mode.

If you still want to go ahead you will have to call in to request one. You could also try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and request them - replies may take a bit longer.

Finally, a VM person will pick this thread up here in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: App can not connect hub 3

Hey @Sibel,

Firstly welcome to the community and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues connecting your hub with the connect app.

Have you been able to speak to the team since your last post?

Have you tried to reboot or do a factory reset of your hub since the issues started happening?

Regarding WiFi boosters, its as @jbrennand said above that if you aren't on the hub 4 or our Gig1 package, any boosters would be charged at £3 per month.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos