Menu
nicknack99
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Anyone know the average number of days to create new account on existing line?

Living in the UK; I am considering moving to Virgin Media for Broadband; the house I have just (yesterday) moved into is already a customer and have left the service running for a few days to help me move in ... I want to set up a new account and have been told by Virgin Media Customer Service that they can't simply switch the billing over in a day and it may take 14 days (i.e., switch off previous account and then wait with NO broadband for 14 days, and then switch on new account on existing kit)

anyone have experience of this?

better/worse?

thanks

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone know the average number of days to create new account on existing line?

yes this is correct.
the previous virgin customer needs to cancel their account, and you can't sign up until that has been done.

you can't just take over the existing account that is in place.
0 Kudos
nicknack99
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone know the average number of days to create new account on existing line?

thanks chenks

any idea what the fastest time to get this done is ... is it really 14 days from initial cancellation?

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

well the previous customer has to contact virgin first to cancel and settle their bill.
so the quicker they do that the better.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the previous tenant is uncontactable VM can mark their account accordingly and get your service set up.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos