Menu
mblades
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Any timeline for install?

Hi, I'll try and make the questions as easy to understand as I can:

• Signed up for Broadband online, said the house I've just moved into is served 👍
  • Was told the house would need some external work via text
  • Managed to catch the crew when they came by, said that the cabling doesn't run up to my house and because there is shared access to my property they would need to go away and request permissions, but they weren't very heavy on the details and I was working from home. 😫
  • Now my account shows a mess of data and several orders including one with today as the installation date (meant to be tomorrow but no way either of those are happening 🤔)

Q: How do I get an update of what is actually happening?

Q: Is it probable that this just won't happen and Virgin just won't be able to serve me? It's one of the main reasons I moved here...

Q: What is the timeline for something like this to resolve either way do I need to stop the cancellation with my other supplier (but that will put me on a 1 year contract)?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Any timeline for install?

Have you tried the pre-installation and delivery team - they may have more info? On.. 0800 052 1734.

It sounds like they have a problem (blocked duct?) that needs them to dig up the road/pavement which always requires them to inform, or get permission from the local council. Than can take anywhere from a few days to ~8 weeks - depends how efficient your local council is 😞

Then VM need to reorganise the "digging" and installation teams ... and so on.

Standard advice is that it will happen as soon as it can happen but never cancel existing contract until VM is installed and running to your satisfaction. Having two suppliers for ~a month is a small price insurance policy.

Which supplier are you with that auto starts a new 12 month contract when the old one ends? I think that's unusual - as on VM you drop to the rolling 30day contract when that happens until you chenge your package.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Any timeline for install?

Hi mblades,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for the late reply, I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've been able to contact us for an update.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos