Menu
Gordon_Scotland
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any news on booster availability

Hi,

We have been unable to use wifi in the part of the home where we would most like to use it and have been advised that we need a booster but that they were not available?

Any ideas when they might be available and how do we arrange to receive one?

TIA Gordon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jj0306
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Any news on booster availability

If you have super hub 3 or 4 you can get wifi pods. I was sent 1 only last week

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unless Virgin are offering them to you for free you would be better off buying your own better router, mesh or access point.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @jj0306

Thanks for your Private Messages - my colleague @Jodi_S is just away from the office so asked me to pick up her customers 🙂 I have popped you a quick reply in regard to returning the correct Hub back to us and your account has also been noted. 

I do hope that concluded things but of course, if you need anything further, please do not hesitate to pop back to this main thread and we'll be happy to lend a hand any way we can. 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gordon_Scotland
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katie_WT, looks like this might have been posted incorrectly.

I am still waiting for our "promised" booster since early March when we switched from Sky to Virgin and now cant use my broadband where i need to.

Never thought that I would have as many problems with this switch.

Gordon

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gordon_Scotland

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry to hear you're still waiting for this. I have checked the system and any pod we do send to you will be a £5 a month charge as it's only available free to Ultimate OOMPH or 1Gig broadband packages.

If you'd like to proceed, please let us know and we'll help further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Gordon_Scotland
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John_GS,

When I agreed to switch I advised the sales team that I would likely need a booster as one was needed and provided free when with Sky.

I was advised that a booster would be made available free of charge by Virgin if I couldn't get a signal where it was needed but that I would have to request one after setting up as one couldn't be provided as part of the initial package.

This I understood, as no need if the Virgin router was strong enough not to need one, however I checked with both the Virgin Connect app as well as with a Virgin Engineer and cannot get a signal where I need one most.

Was this therefore an empty promise by Sales to persuade me to switch from Sky to a home max package?

This, together with the loss of my phone for the last two months is proving to be a poor decision in hindsight.

Gordon

Gordon

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me, Gordon.

I can only apologise if you were advised that as it would be a chargeable pod if we did order one so it would be up to you how to proceed on this basis.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos