cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas what caused this sudden drop yesterday ?

jka94036
Superfast

Had another sudden drop out of broadband yesterday, offshore guy didnt have much idea why this happens apart from running through his scripts.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/42c9362233be05742b30bbe4638d788c69d121ea-19-03-2021

Thanks

147 REPLIES 147

Hi

No issues since, but it’s weird why it suddenly drops.

I have had a tech round on Monday that adjusted some levels and noticed a VM van at my local cabinet yesterday which I assumed was looking into a possible issue within the cabinet, that caused a very brief drop yesterday but aa I say weird it suddenly drops

That is strange and definitely something to keep an eye on, but if wired connections are OK then it isn't too much to worry about!

I've had a look on your account and I can't see anything that may be causing a problems. 

Let's monitor this for a few days and just let me know how things are looking?

When it loses connection it affects both wired and WiFi connections and the flashing green light means the hub has lost connection with the VM network in my view.

but will report back on any further occurrences

thanks

John

Hi

yet another drop out of services today and yes affected wired and WiFi getting a bit monotonous this despite engineer tweaking power levels and supposedly raising an issue with the cabinet to the VM networks team on Monday

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2ab4bf6dc83fe7b9b0fd74f01d3b2dd487262457

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Afternoon, 

sorry to hear you're still having some issues with drop outs. Have you had any more since posting this? 

From taking a further look into your account, I can see that there are no known issues or outages and all work orders are up to date, so there doesn't look like there is an issue from our side. 

I can see you have rebooted in the last week, but it might be worth carrying out another reset just to see if this prevents the drop outs. 

Please do let us know if you are still experiencing issues, 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

As you can see from the below I had another drop out of broadband on the 29/3/21 at around 11:00 am

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e763ee6589c6f5361a8251b82f1ce779bb2a4dc7-30-03-2021

jka94036_0-1617087233950.png

Hi @jka94036,

Thanks for coming back to us 

Did you lose connection at this point of the day? I have looked into your account and cannot see anything that would have caused this other than the hub rebooting itself or a loss of power to the hub.

When was the last time you rebooted your hub?

Regards

Steven_L

I wasn’t around for this occurrence but the hub logs show no sign of a reboot at this time.

However yet another drop which did affect service this afternoon, it happens suddenly and clears minutes later (or longer)

see below

jka94036_0-1617210029125.png

This is the BQM snapshot of 1/4/21

why is this happening?

jka94036_0-1617349637099.png