cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another failed installation

andysummers79
Tuning in

It does make me laugh when you get that recorded message, when you try to speak to someone at VM for the nth time, that the calls may be recorded to help with training and customer service quality- or some such rubbish. Judging by the number of failed install posts on here, and the fact that EVERYONE says the same thing, this customer service training clearly isn't working.

Like many others, I am really struggling with getting my VM installation done. Like a lot of the world these days, I work from home and internet is essential. We took out a Black Friday deal before moving to a new home on December 3rd, with the installation planned for December 4th.

When the engineer arrived I was told that a cable pull was needed and that he could do nothing more, and promptly left. Later that day I get the text saying my new install date is December 29th. 

After the first call I was left reassured by the chap I spoke to, "that's just the worst case scenario, they give you a date way out to allow time for the engineers to do the work in the street". If only those engineers would turn up! 

Since then I've had what I believe is called a "rolling appointment" where it shows I have an all day 8am-6pm job booked for the cable pull, and then nobody turns up, and then at midnight I get a new appointment for the next day. Every now and then I also get an email saying "we've had to delay your installation date because some work needs to be done in the street". 

This is madness because every time you call to speak to someone, and go through numerous departments including the "pre-installation team" who are useless, they repeat the same thing. "Sorry Mr. Summers, I understand your frustration but there are 2 appointments needed for 2 teams to do the work and the first one is happening tomorrow". 

No Its Not! The mysterious 3rd party contractor that VM use to dig holes never turn up. Why aren't they sacked? They are letting the company and it's customers down. Why does nobody have any information?? I wouldn't care if it was 3 months in the future - just give me a date and stick to it. 

I really hope that someone from VM is on here and is reading this. I have read replies to similar posts that give me hope; that talking on here is more fruitful than trying to ring the customer service numbers. Because I am losing the will to live. If it's not a lack of information, it's being cut off mid call. Happened to me 5 times yesterday 😠

Oh and the worst part is that the Volt bundle that I was advised to take out at the same time includes an O2 contract for 18 months that I didn't need, but it was better value than lesser deals. So I have an O2 sim (that I am now paying £25 a month for), as well as my existing EE contract that I DO need, and now I have gone past the 14 day cooling off period and I'm stuck with a mobile sim and no Virgin Media. Cheers Virgin Media for stitching me up. 

11 REPLIES 11

Out of interest has anyone managed to get compensation on this ?

Virgin Media’s Automatic Compensation Scheme

Section 1 says that "Virgin Media will provide a date upon which the chosen services will be connected to the premises and the appropriate equipment put in place in order for those services to be accessible by the customer" and goes on to mention provisional dates if they suspect that outside work would be needed. 

"Credits will not be payable if a provisional appointment date is changed to a different, confirmed date" - well I only ever had a date on Text message saying they were coming to install on December 3rd, not a provisional date to do outside work first. So does that mean I am now due compensation @ £5 per day?

Hi @andysummers79 thanks for getting back to us.

I can see you're in liaison with my colleague, Ashley regarding the delay in your installation.  In regards to the auto-compensation scheme, I can confirm we do adhere to the scheme.

Regards

Lee