Menu
Gibbo205
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Another external work still not done by the dig team, getting info from VM is near impossible

Hi there

So ordered the M500 broadband BF deal package they had and scheduled an installation for 20th November in afternoon.  The engineer turned up on time, was very professional and very helpful, but gave me the bad news that the cable under our driveway at somepoint in its past had broken and was a very old cable & wireless cable.  As such he could not install the internet, so he went and sprayed the area at the bottom of our drive with some green spray paint.

The virgin media app then stated a service team would be arriving on 1st December to lay new cable to the house, well two guys did turn up, but before I could get out to them they had simply driven off.  Then a few days later more came according to a neighbour but again they just looked at the green paint and drove away.

My second installation visit was scheduled for 8th December (yesterday) so on 7th December I called Virgin Media to inform them the dig team had still not done the work and they simply seem not that interested, sounded like it was a foreign call centre so maybe the reasoning.

Anyway so second install engineer turns up, cannot do anything, as cable not being layed, he said he had tried calling Comex who I think he referred to as the dig team and his manager but failed to get through to either because everyone is so busy.

So I called VM again yesterday evening, yet another foreign call centre who seem to only have same access to information as I do with the VM app, the guy tried his best to help but said a new service team would come out by December 20th and he promised a call back within 24hrs, I am still waiting.

So I just logged in online and online it is saying my account is closed and I have 90 days to retrieve any information I may need.

So have virgin just given up now? Not only have I took time off work to be ready to meet them for their two scheduled visits, but as this is a new house we moved into this weekend it now looks like we are without internet.

In the modern age internet is a requirement, especially as we try to work from home a lot due to Covid, but are now forced to go to the office daily as of next week as our other property won't be available for us as of next week, forcing us to have to go into the office.

Virgin Media can you please help me with a solution, like getting the dig team to actually arrive and then stay and do the work and not to just drive away after looking at the green paint, its almost like they decide this is too much effort, lets go to the next job.

Seriously disappointed right now, but really want VM for the simple fact once the internet is up and running they are a superb provider with extremely fast and reliable internet.

Really appreciate any help and if you have terminated my account it would be nice to get something more official like an email, phone call or a letter.

Right now I have no idea what is happening. 😞

0 Kudos
elbowloh
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Another external work still not done by the dig team, getting info from VM is near impossible

Pretty much in the same boat. 2 Kier visits, one construction team visit, 2 engineer visits and no cable and no internet.
Gibbo205
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another external work still not done by the dig team, getting info from VM is near impossible

It is really poor service, I am now listening to their hold music so they can tell me if they are re-scheduling my external visit and then a new engineer visit or if they have actually just cancelled my account and not even informed me.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The green paint could also mean that you can't simply lay another cable, it could require permission from the council to dig up the pavement and do more investigation before the new cable can be pulled through. For example, a collapsed duct can mean that existing cables are fine but makes it impossible to push another cable through, so an investigation is required. 

0 Kudos
elbowloh
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to get through on the phone to someone since Monday. I've tried at least 10 times. Get in a queue for 20-30 mins then get cut off. I finally got to "speak" to someone on the online chat just now, again after 2 days.

They say the preinstall team is coming on the 12th and my actual install won't be until the 21st. They recommended I ring up and complain to see if I can get it done any quicker! However, there's no point as i can't get through to anyone!

0 Kudos
Gibbo205
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Got through on the phone, again very nice but the guy confirmed my order had being cancelled at my request.

When I made it clear I had never made any such request he was very apologetic and put me through to the pre-install team who have un-cancelled my order and re-booked it and also cancelled off the installation charges and they honoured the BF deal at £42.99

The guy then gave me the bad news that the external works team won't be until sometime in December and as such an engineer won't come and install our internet until January 2nd, however he has put us on a priority list so if the external works team comes sooner they will see if they can move that date forward.

Still very saddening news, we now have to spend Christmas with no internet, so no streaming, gaming and all our ring equipment is essentially rendered pretty useless at the moment.

Can anyone offer any temporary solutions maybe, like in the meantime get something else setup like regular BT/Talktalk or something that has no contract?

0 Kudos
Gibbo205
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get temporary internet solution sooner or is there anything Virgin can do to speed up things please?

Thinking of being without internet for Christmas really sucks hard. 😞

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Many of us have 4G mobile broadband contracts as a standby. You can get unlimited data for about £20 a month these days.  This is particularly importand if you want to use broadband for working from home, since Virgin Media is a residential service with no guaranteed service continuity.

0 Kudos
Gibbo205
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So I need to get something like a 4GEE WiFi Mini EE pay monthly, 1 month contract SIM router then ideally to tide me over?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's the sort of thing.

0 Kudos