Menu
Ranjeet
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Am I only billed when the engineer comes to install? Planning to delay it

I am planning to delay my engineer installation from 31st December to a further date. However, I'm not sure if I will be billed from 31st December as that is the contract start date. Can a mod or anyone with knowledge about this help me out please?

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Am I only billed when the engineer comes to install? Planning to delay it

Your contract start date, so the date you will be billed from and the day your 14 day cooling off period starts, is the day that your services are up and running. 

So you can cancel the installation now without charge and have it installed at a later date. 

You should even be able to do the adjustment online as you can change the date of the engineer.

Ranjeet
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply 

I have just got off the phone as I was worried about my house not having a VM socket and I had heard horror stories about cable pulls underground etc. however, the guy on the phone assured me my area is "serviceable", no idea what that means, but hopefully there is no need for my driveway to be dug up.

Thank you for clearing up the billing situation too, much appreciated

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

"serviceable" means there's Virgin services in your area and appropriate ducting in the pavement to get cabling to your house. How the cabling gets from the pavement to your house depends on where they can put the cable. Gravel or grass is the best option as it's easy to move. 

Ranjeet
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Amazing, thanks

As a new customer, the lingo can sometimes be a bit confusing

0 Kudos
lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We were told our house was "serviceable" and more than a month after our move in date we still have no Virgin internet access.

It's worth asking when your property last had Virgin connected. If it's longer than 2yrs ago this will probably be complex. If you can find a brown box on the outside of the house or evidence of green tubing in your garden then you're probably going to be fine, but if not... Strap in.

I'd definitely plan a back-up option, whether that's 4G or a significant overlap of providers. I wouldn't trust a word their customer service team say at this point. So many dates. So many no shows. It's now clear no one on their phone line knows anything about my account.

0 Kudos
Ranjeet
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Currently on Sky

We have a brown box but its not a VM one

I think I will just upgrade with Sky, I'm having second thoughts about Virgin to be honest