Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Am I heading for a failed installation?

Hey Folks,

I suspect I'm heading for a failed installation on 31/10 and wanted to check with people who've been through the process before making contingency plans (as things stand, my existing provider will be cancelled on 31/10)...

My original installation date was 20/10 and about a week prior, the pre-installation team turned up to run the cables to my property.  They found there was no 'T' for my property, so they arranged for that to be done, apologised and left.  Fair enough.

The 'T' was installed a few days ago, but with just 2 days to go before my installation, there's been no word on the pre-installation team coming back to run the cable to my house.  I've had text messages regarding the interior installation on 31/10, but nothing else.

It's still possible that the pre-installation team will show up unannounced in the next 48 hours, but my gut feel is that I'm heading for a failed installation and should probably extend the service from my current service provider.

What do you think?  Is there any way I can find out if/when pre-installation is scheduled?

-Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am I heading for a failed installation?

The external installation team, usually contractors, can come anytime before the install date or even on the install date. As they do not need access into your property you are not advised of when they will turn up. Remember to check out all your services are working to your satisfaction before you let the VM technician leave. It’s easier to get fixed at the time than at a later date. Also make sure they install the equipment where you want it, they have been know to take the easiest install options that may not suit you!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am I heading for a failed installation?

Thanks.  You were right, they showed-up today unannounced and have completed the external works.

I think Virgin Media could easily improve the customer service around the installation process with a bit more clarity on what's happening when. It wouldn't take much and would prevent lots of calls from customers like me who are anticipating problems because of reputation and a lack of information.

I'm sure most householders would want to have a say in where the cables are routed across their property and where the entry point to their homes is positioned, so they should be given the opportunity to make sure they're in when the pre-installation team are due.

Anyway, all good for me now.  Looking forward to a painless installation in a couple of days....

0 Kudos