Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Almost two months past my installation date and no sign of it happening soon

Have I been unlucky - or is this par for the course? I had an installation date of 17th September booked in. The day comes and the engineers arrive...but the installation doesn't happen. There's some problem somewhere and they need a different permit. I'm told that Virgin will contact me shortly to rearrange as soon as possible. Five and a half weeks later, numerous frustrating (and seemingly pointless) phone calls I am still no closer to the installation!

In a call last week I was told that they were waiting for a letter of permission from my neighbour (despite the fact that on the 17th Sep they seemed to be able to dig up wherever they needed), no letter has been received, my neighbour is on the lookout for it. I have requested a new letter been sent. I have been told that I would be called back...Nothing is happening. I do not understand why a company doesn't want my business if I am offering it?

Is this what Virgin is like? Am I better off chucking the whole lot in and going back to SKY? Is it worth persevering with?

I feel so frustrated and angry by the whole thing! having looked on the forum am I entitles to to claim on the automatic compensation scheme? £5 per day for about 40 days - £200 right?

Is it worth it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Almost two months past my installation date and no sign of it happening soon

As soon as permits are involved the council are involved so your wading through treacle. Expect an 8 week delay. 

On and the compensation isn't relevant if that's the case. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Almost two months past my installation date and no sign of it happening soon

I can understand that, however when I called them over a week ago I was told that that the delays were caused by the company waiting for my neighbour to send through the permission slip - which as I stated in the original post hasn't actually been received and which I have requested be sent out again (and hasn't been). I would be ok with delays if someone could just talk to me about what was happening. Its the complete lack of communication that is making me feel frustrated and angry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes but virgin departments don't actually talk to each other so when you ring they normally say random things to you. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those random things.... 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

That doesn't fill me with confidence - does it get any better?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

When the service is working it's better than a lot of other providers. 

But the customer service level has always been pretty bad, and I suspect it will stay that way for some time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi jw4278

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of this.

What may have happened is that we send a letter to the Freeholders of the property. This may not been the neighbour in question as they may not be the Freeholder. Can you check with them to see if they are the Freeholder and if not to speak with the Freeholders and ask them if they've received anything

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

I have already spoken with my neighbour, she is the freeholder, but nothing has been received - the ironic thing is that she is a Virgin customer!! I even called Virgin after this (which took a really long time) and asked for a letter to be sent out again. But nothing is happening, and the impression I am getting is that nobody at Virgin really cares.

I have tried to be patient but am feeling like just giving up on the whole thing and going back to Sky! The internet speed is not as good, but in over a decade with them, I have never had to deal with this level of apathy and incompetence.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

If they're the freeholder, they'd have received documentation. We've sent it twice. I'd advise placing a new order and speaking to them again and confirming everything with the freeholder status

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

As I said before - they are the freeholder, this has been confirmed. We are also talking here about houses and not flats - and it is not a new build estate. You say it has been sent twice, can it be sent to me instead I can then physically take it around to her.

0 Kudos