Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Almost 4 weeks waiting for installation and no communication!

Hello,

Was supposed to have installation on 8th October after ordering on 24th September, however, a day before installation was due I received a message saying that installation was delayed due to extra outside work needing to be done before installation can take place. Turns out there are no cables running to our street despite Virgin saying that it was available in my area. Was told this by the cable engineers, and they suggested I wait for Virgin to inform me of what to do next. I have not received any information from Virgin whatsoever (other than the outside work required text) and now my internet with SKY which I had postponed cancellation with is now firmly cancelled, leaving me with no internet! Tried to contact Virgin today on phone, and there are substantial queues, so tried chat and nobody is available just the online chatbot. I just want to know what is going on with my order! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Almost 4 weeks waiting for installation and no communication!

I have no doubt the cable pull team have found a blocked duct & cannot pull the cable through. This now requires a construction team to draw up a plan & get approval from the Local Authority to do the necessary digging. This can take several weeks, which is why I always advise overlapping your sevices with your current provider until the drop line is pulled successfully.

Virgin only pull a cable to a property when a service is required, so not having one at your property has no bearing on whether the street shows as serviceable. Indeed many non-customers moving into a previously cabled house will rip out all the cabling as they don't want to use it, causing further problems down the line when later occupants do want it.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The cable pull team on second visit knocked on to tell me that the cable doesn't extend to our street at all, and Virgin will prob try and share a duct with BT. We're on a cul-de-sac on a new estate, at the very end and houses were built in stages over a few years, with our street being the last. So I'm guessing that Virgin did all the cable work before these houses were built. I just needed an update on whether or not this job is going to be completed or not, and when. I can survive for a week or so without internet, providing there is going to be some light at the end! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BT doesn't share ducts with VM. If VM's ducts were not installed during the build it won't happen now as permission to dig up recently laid pavements and roads is unlikely to be given for years.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos