We have just into our first house and were "HOPING", more like praying at this point, to have Virgin Media as our broadband provider. We have now been waiting almost 2 Months, this is now week 7 since we placed the order. Was orginal mean't to be install on the 23rd of Feburary, this was then pushed back to the 9th of March and now we have no date at all on when we can expect to have broadband.
I haved called customer service serveral times and when put through to the pre-install team we have been told it would be happening on those dates only to be let down again and again. They then said it would be 4-6 weeks, that then went to 6-8 weeks. The customer service on the phone has been awful with call center staff only be able to response with scripted answers and call times taking on average longer than hour due to staff 'CHECKING' my account for 20 minuites, which is just a joke.
We are apparently waiting for the prepull to happen but no one is able to tell me when this could happen, no one has been around to our property during these 7 weeks with the exception of the council who dug the access point in the road but this was done at the end of Feburary. Me and my partner both work from home and NEED internet to work. We are currently using a 200GB mobile wifi which they have provided us but it barely copes with Teams meetings sounding like we are chatting to a bunch of robots. We are already more than half way through the data in a week or two which is why we got unlimited broadband!
Have been considering signing up for another broadband provider at this point but only thing which is holding us off is that it could take a couple of weeks to get an appointment. Don't know what to do at this point in time, doomed if you do, doomed if you don't. This has made moving into our first house very stressful during a very stressful time for everyone already.
You can cancel a provider within 14 days of connection so why not give 2 of them an ultimatum? Get the appointment sorted for another provider and whichever gives you a working connection first gets the business, the other gets cancelled.
The last update I had was when I called customer service/preinstall team on the 19th which they just said the same generic response that they are waiting on the outside work/prepull/construction work to be done before they can do anything else and that it can take 6 to 8 weeks. Its now almost week 8 with no update or anything being progressed.