cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my Neighbours have virgin however apparently I can't get it

LogicLovell
Joining in

Hello,

So my neighbour upstairs is connected to Virgin however my groundfloor flat doesn't qualify according to the website. My neighbour upstairs lets me connect to her internet sometimes as my connection via talktalk is temperamental. My internet speed increases a lot even though im connecting upstairs, seems silly that I can't get my own fitted. 

Can this be looked into to see if its a possibility? 

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there,

Let me take a look at this for you. I will send you a private message for some details

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

LogicLovell
Joining in

Hello again,

So after briefly discussing the circumstance with someone via the private chat they confirmed virgin broadband was accessible at my property and just hadn't been updated - due to this i've cancelled my previous broadband package and returned their router to them. 

One of your engineers arrived this morning and sadly informed that my property had no access for the fibre optic to reach as I'm the flat at the back of the building. I now have no internet except for limited 4G which has poor connection in my home. I'm meant to be working at home shortly after Christmas and this is going to cause some issues. 

Is there anyway that a new input could be added on my road so all the back entrance flats of my postcode could have access to your broadband anytime very soon? This would be of great help and will redeem the circumstance I have been put into. 

Many thanks 

Honestly, my advice to you is to get back onto your old provider and sign up again with them - it would have been quite quick but as you have returned the router then it'll take a while now!

It's quite possible that VM will determine that the work required to run extra cables isn't worth it for the return, even if they do decide to do so (hint: they almost certainly won't), you are probably looking at months minimum before it gets done.

Thanks for coming back to us @LogicLovell.

As @jem101 advised that it could take months for the work to be carried out.

What was advised by the agent that you spoke to about the work that was needed to be carried out?

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you both for you inputs / getting back to me. 

So the engineer who came to fit the broadband specifically said 'the brown box where the fibre optic will be wired from is difficult to reach from my property as the only way to it is through my neighbours flat' (to the front). So he said he will be able to complete the job if a new box was fitted closer to me. 

Previously i was with Talktalk and not only was my internet speed slow, i'd disconnect frequently meaning i was extremely unreliable working from home. I was relieved to hear from your colleague via the chat that it was in fact possible to have internet with you regardless of me previously informing him of the scenario, so it will be appreciated it something could be sorted. 

Another issue is that when another one of your colleagues set up the date with the engineer to come they also signed me up with your broadband contract on 350Mbps including a sim card only O2 phone contract which was offered to me during the process. Considering this was a part of the offer not only have i cancelled with talktalk but I've moved from vodafone over to O2 and transferred my number to the new simcard you guys sent me (this was sent before the appointment with your engineer).

Look forwards to a response with a resolution to this. 

Cheers

Hi LogicLovell, 

Thanks for popping back with an update for us. 

I can see looking at the account, there has been an update however in order to confirm any information, we'd need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Thanks for getting back - I've just now sent over what you've asked. 

Speak soon

Hi LogicLovell, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

As we no longer need to swap any account sensitive information, we can stick with the Community instead of PM. 

As the account will no longer be activated, any Direct Debit details will be deleted so no payment will be taken at all. If you have any further concerns, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs