Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Alexa won't connect

Amazon Alexa Echo are amazing gadgets, you just need to command them they will work for you. But if you are getting error while connecting amazon alexa. Alexa keeps loosing connection is not a big problem

please check some points: 

Alexa Echo connects with dual band networks (2.4 Ghz / 5GHz). 

It does not connect to peer to peer networks.

Plug your echo device to power.

Press 'microphone and volume button' both simultaneously for 20 sec, release when orange light ring change to blue and your device going to restart. 

I am sure this will help you a lot! but if still you will face same problem contact the support team.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Try using the Alexa app on your laptop rather than on your phone. It worked connecting my 2 Alexas to my new Virgin Media hub 3.
https://alexa.amazon.co.uk/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Alexa App | Alexa Amazon App

Alexa App requires an Internet connection, so make sure your Wi-Fi network is up and running smoothly.To set up Amazon Echo Dot and other Alexa devices is same as initially.

1.) Install the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
2.) Sign in your Amazon account with Alexa App.
3.) Give Alexa access to your device's Microphone in Alexa App.
4.) Set up Home Wi-Fi.
5.) Say Alexa.

Alexa.Amazon app.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

• Proxy servers and VPN are the following troublemakers in the list. So, ensure they’re disabled.
  • you could also take a look at if your wireless community is working with other gadgets or no longer. This way, you can discover- which tool calls for troubleshooting!
  • final but not the least, configure your wireless router on dual-band frequency: 2.Four GHz and 5.0 GHz for alexa won’t connect to public wifi.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

As a web developer,  I consider myself to be quite technical! But despite having already having an echo dot 2nd gen perfectly working, 2 new echo dot 3rd gens would not connect to my VM hub 3. After exhausting a few options with no success (the usual resetting/rebooting devices etc), I went for Jenny's "Try it from https://alexa.amazon.co.uk/ on a laptop, instead of from your phone app option" in my head thinking, surely this won't clinch the deal...and stone me it did! So if all ails fails, try doing the exact same set up process on a laptop people from that link! Didn't need to split frequencies into 5G and 2.4G or anything!

0 Kudos