cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial cable cut by engineer

JacquieA
Tuning in

I've seen this on a few threads (unfortunately only after) but need Virgin to respond urgently, since I cannot seem to get anyone to help over the phone.

When the engineer installed my Virgin broadband on 22 Dec, he cut and removed my TV aerial cable and used the same hole to feed the virgin cable in. However this aerial feed is the feed for the whole house so as a result I have lost TV!

i am a new customer and Virgin have damaged my equipment. This is beyond frustrating, esp over Christmas. I expect this to be fixed and compensation paid. 

Please can Virgin representative get back to me ASAP to resolve before I take this higher. 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This forum isn't a fast-track to VM-CS, although staff will respond.

Can you post some pictures of the damage that has occurred? That'll certainly help. Did you mention the damage when the tech was installing on Dec 22nd? That was 6days ago...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm aware of that, but not getting any help either via phone or online. My TV was gone the next day and I rang Virgin then, but couldn't work out what the engineer had done, until a friend suggested I look outside for the aerial cable - it's a new cut. The existing wall hole has been used for the Virgin cable. 

• 20211228_185926.jpg

Hello JacquieA

Really sorry to hear of the problems created during your recent installation and that you haven't been able to get the support we'd like when contacting us. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and for providing the image of the damage. Welcome to the community!

I'm eager to get this looked into further for you and someone out to take a look, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you and look forward to hearing back form you.

Rob