cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address/order status

bly
On our wavelength

To follow up from my previous request for help: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Installation-shennanigans/td-p/4891049

My order with Virgin Media Business was cancelled on 20th Dec, I proceeded to phone VM to start an order for residential broadband on that date but I was told it would take 24-48 hours to change my address back to a non-business address first. I followed up with another call on 23rd Dec to be told that my address was still a business address, so I requested that it be changed for the second time.

I called on 3rd Jan to be told that my address is still a business address and so, I requested the change again.

I called again today 5th Jan and was told that my address is still a business address and no prior request had been submitted to change it, so I requested again.

I then spent three solid hours calling VM with the aim of escalating this issue, perhaps speaking to a supervisor or manager or getting a call back once someone had investigated the issue because I'm not confident that today's request will be successful. I feel that I should point out that I remained calm and polite throughout, even though every person I spoke to either couldn't help and so "transferred me" and dropped the line, or they transferred me to sales who also couldn't help. I was assured twice of a call back "in around 10 minutes", which did not happen. I was told by some that I had to change my address status with the local council, Royal Mail, Virgin Media or Virgin Media Business. I was informed that the address status cannot be changed and my only option is a Business service.

I have listened to various people within Virgin Media with their individual takes on this process and situation. Finally I spoke to someone who said he'd arrange a site survey, after which my address may or may not be returned to a residential address. I left it there, I'm actually exhausted.

Please could someone follow though and provide some clarity on my situation? Can I expect a site surveyor to visit me at my home soon?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Let me take a look into this and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused so far.

I'll pop over a private message so I can take some details.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

bly
On our wavelength

Hi Christy_D,

Just a wee update, I feel like progress is finally being made!

My installation date for tomorrow will be missed but Kier Construction showed up today to explain that they are applying for permission to dig up the street and install a tee then their manager will personally supervise the cable run to ensure that it goes ahead. They spoke to my neighbour about the cable route along their garden wall and informed me that they expect to have the works completed by the end of next week.

Now all I need is a new installation date.

Thanks again for helping with this.