cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address not on System - Engineer check?

susiemusic
Joining in

Is there any magic way I can get a spotter or engineer to check my address? My house number is not shown on the drop down list on the virgin media site but all my neighbours' numbers are (we are a small group of new build houses) and there is a CATV plate on the pavement outside. I have asked the pre-install team to send an engineer (happy to ay if necessary) to check my address but they keep saying the work has not been finished on my building so they can't take my order. I have seen other issues similar to mine on this forum, has anyone managed to resolve this particular issue successfully?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @susiemusic 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @susiemusic 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi - can you please help me with a similar request? I live on a street with 80+ houses and all of them can access VM but my house can't? I live in a semi and my next door neighbour can. I really want to use VM services and want to set up the 1GB plan. Can someone please help me make this happen?

HeadofBusiness
Tuning in

Hi - can you please help me with a similar request? I live on a street with 80+ houses and all of them can access VM but my house can't? I live in a semi and my next door neighbour can. I really want to use VM services and want to set up the 1GB plan. Can someone please help me make this happen?

Hi @HeadofBusiness 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

Thank you

Jon

Thanks Jon,

It's [MOD EDIT: Personal details]

You'll see everyone else on the street has it. I am happy to contribute towards install and would like the 1GB option if I can.