cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address not listed

Markmcg93
Joining in

Hi, 

My address is not listed on the checker. 

My address backs on to a main road, would seem like fiber could be installed. Other addresses on the same street are listed. 

2nd floor flat. 

I have requested an engineer visit. 

Thanks for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Markmcg93,

Thank you for your post 🌞

It's great to hear you are looking at getting our services. I can take a look for you to see if we can able to you.

I will pop you over a PM asking for some info, so keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Thanks,

Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If it's a second floor, the cable will have to be inside and not up the wall. 

Is there an existing Virgin cable to your flat?   If not you will need permission from the landlord/managing agent.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes permission has been granted. 

Also at my previous 2nd floor address the cable was mounted externally to the flat.

Virgin came and done this no problem and it essentially the same set up. 

Thanks for the reply

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That's interesting. Recently they have not been going above first floor because not equipped and/or trained for heights. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Markmcg93, thanks for your post and for joining our community.

We're sorry to hear your address is not listed on our post code checker page currently.

We'd love to help, can you confirm if we've advised we'll send a spotter to review this and see if we can connect you from your previous contacts with our team about this?

Also, have we submitted the relevant form for the serviceability of this property before and are you aware of any pre-install processes where we've requested permits for doing the work required to cable your flat?

Let us know more on where you are with this, happy to advise further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I was advised that someone would come to have a look before but no one has ever come. 

In regards to any permits or paperwork submitted, I have no idea. 

Thank you 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Markmcg93,

Sorry to hear that you've not been contacted about this! Can you confirm if this is your property that you're wanting to have Virgin Media services installed at?

If not, has this been confirmed by the landlord, or by the letting agency? Some installs require drilling to the property and this could be seen as an issue if you're renting.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, yes it is a rental property however I have an email granting permission from the landlord.

Thank you 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Markmcg93,

Thank you for your post 🌞

It's great to hear you are looking at getting our services. I can take a look for you to see if we can able to you.

I will pop you over a PM asking for some info, so keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Thanks,

Zoie

Hi zoie, 

No pm received as yet. 

Thanks