cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Unserviceable

RyanG23
Joining in

Hi, 

After receiving an update that VM was available in my area back in December 22, I immediately placed an order for the Ultimate Volt bundle and have cancelled down my contract with Sky for TV and broadband. 

Since placing the order my installation has been delayed 5 times. My latest date given for installation was Tuesday 28th Feb. I received a phone call only Wednesday to say my install would be going ahead and to make sure somebody was at home for the install. Today i have received a phone call from VM to tell me my order has been cancelled and that my address is unserviceable.

Does anybody know where i can get further information as to the reason for this? I have tried calling VM and been passed around from person to person, the last of which simply said more civil works were needed. The really odd thing about this is that the VM cabling has been installed to the telecoms poll about 15m from my home and there are neighbours in my area connected to this pole.  

Frustrated is an understatement and I would just like to have a more detailed explanation before i have to go elsewhere for TV and broadband. 

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Ryan 

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

Ryan

I honestly don't think you will ever get a more detailed reason - presumably some automated system (possibly relying on out of date information) has flagged up that it is not economically viable to connect you up - a classic case of 'computer says no!'

There is a chance that once a member of the forum team get to this thread, they may offer to intervene and see if they can't arrange a 'spotter' to come out and physically assess the situation. But it's a bit of a long shot, and even if they do, there's no guarantee that it'll make much difference. 

Realistically, what alternative providers do you have available for you?

Thanks for the reply Jem

I am currently on ADSL which give us 5Mb/s on a good day. No other providers are available at the minute, Open Reach are down to be available anytime before Dec 2026.

I am absolutely desperate for fibre and have been for a long time, hence me jumping at the chance when VM started to be installed in my area.

Hi RyanG23, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of your cancelled appointment and for any inconvenience this may cause you.  I would like to take a look on your behalf, to offer clarification. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R