Menu
Lucaimb
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Additional Virgin BOX installation help

Hi All,

I need some advice on the installation of a virgin box.

I'm doing some work in a room and since I have the floorboard off and I can catch the virgin cable, I want to install the virgin box in that room and move there my router.

Now the one below is the virgin cable:

Capture.JPG

Can I use the provided splitter to re-join the cut cable and add an extension to the filter technetix TRIS-1002L?

Also any advice on what type of cable I need to use for the extension and how to attach the connectors?

Thank you very much 😀

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional Virgin BOX installation help

Hello

I am afraid that diy modification of any cable supplied by VM is against the T&C only VM can install / modify the cable, if you require this then there will a charge of £99 for a non fault callout, DIY cable can induce noise into the line affecting not just you but everybody who connects to the same cabinet as well as changing the power levels.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lucaimb
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ok, 100 quid for 5 minutes work. thanks!

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you are adding a TV box this can ONLY be done self install if it is within 3 metres of the Virgin hub. Anything further, or if it is an additional multiroom box will require a Virgin technician to install. If you lift the floorboards for them they will install under a floor.

The callout to do this is FREE if you are installing a new box. They only charge £99 for cable alterations NOT connected with a fault or installing new equipment.

DIY alterations that disrupt the local network, if traced to you, could cost you far more than £100 in compensation claims.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I understand but it isn't just time and parts, as if the signal levels need to go to box in street. If you do go ahead yourself for the  DIY option you are liable for any faults for yourself and your neighbors, and  possibly account termination.

Have a look at the T&C https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#broad...

Section G - "7. copy, distribute, make available, attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse-engineer, modify, sub-license, or use for any other purposes any software or equipment we provide except:" as well as section 10.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Lucaimb
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would have used the splitter for the connection and that filter plugged in a socket into the wall.

Anyway, I was not aware that I was breaking some rule so I'll call the technician.

Thanks

0 Kudos