Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Adding a second box

I had an old (3 year) tivo v6 box left from a previous account and have wired it up in the bedroom upstairs. So far I just have about 5 channels and an 7400 error code. How do I get this extra box added to the account and working? Obviously they'll be a charge for multiroom but I'm trying to avoid the 1 hour plus covid call centre queue and am looking to somehow do this online, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding a second box

@o26230 wrote:

I had an old (3 year) tivo v6 box left from a previous account and have wired it up in the bedroom upstairs. So far I just have about 5 channels and an 7400 error code. How do I get this extra box added to the account and working? Obviously they'll be a charge for multiroom but I'm trying to avoid the 1 hour plus covid call centre queue and am looking to somehow do this online, any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is no online service for this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

⁸Re: Adding a second box

Ahh ok. So I'm guessing its a call, explain and see if it can be added thing then. I'm assuming the only charge there'll be is the multiroom as I already have the box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: ⁸Re: Adding a second box

@o26230 wrote:

Ahh ok. So I'm guessing its a call, explain and see if it can be added thing then. I'm assuming the only charge there'll be is the multiroom as I already have the box?

Sorry no idea (I don't work for VM).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ⁸Re: Adding a second box

Hello

When the previous account was closed the v6 box would have been de-activated and removed from your account and as it was not returned will be marked as lost, so will not be able to get activated, as once it is de-activated the serial number etc is removed from the Virginmedia system, to get multi room you are going to need a new box.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos