Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter

Tdelight12
Joining in

IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1629.jpeg

Hi,

I just moved house and these cables are coming out of the wall but only an open reach socket available in the property. I plugged in the router but cannot connect these cables to it. Can anyone recommend an adapter please?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You appear to be holding a pair of satellite cables which are no use for a VM connection.

Have you checked to make sure there is no other kind of connection? Sometimes there is no wall box, just a trailing cable. The cable could be hidden within, or behind, furniture. Occasionally only a very short stub of wire is left behind often hidden within a blanked-off fitting. The wall box may be branded with the logos of an old cable TV company (not VM). Past occupiers of your property may have removed the cable and sometimes they are removed by other installers, such as satellite TV techs.

If you have a plastic omnibox outside on the wall (where the VM cable comes in from the street) see if you can trace any wires from that into your home.

If no luck, call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734, explain the problem and request a technician visit to install the required connection.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Tdelight12 

Thank you s much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced these issues with your service and thank you to goslow for their advise so far. 

Were you able to find another connection at all or are you still in need of assistance?