cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter required for wall connection

Mark_Graham123
Joining in

Hello, 

Does anyone know what type of adapter we'd need to connect our virgin media cables to our walls with what i think are f type wall plates? We've recently moved house, and there is one of these at one side of the room (beside where the main connection is) and then one beside the TV, so I'm assuming you can connect the cable at one end and the connection will come out beside the TV- but I don't know what adapters we need to get the cables connected. 

Thanks in advance

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t fully understand what you mean, let’s start from scratch. I presume you have a TV box and VM hub. Both the wall connections should be wired back to the outside VM omnibox. So one connection is where you plug in the VM hub and the other is where you plug in the TV box. All cabled should have been supplied with a QuickStart kit.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

JoshWelby
Tuning in

If you have the Hub and the TV box

in the same room then you need

a Splitter, so one Cable

goes from the Splitter to the Hub

and another Cable

goes from the Splitter to the TV box

If not then you need

an Omni Box in each room

With a Cable from the Omni Box

to the Hub or to the TV BoxI

f you require an Omni Box in each room

then you need to Phone Virgin

to get an Engineer/Installer out

if you do not have one already

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mark_Graham123

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding connecting Virgin Media Cables to your walls, can you clarify a bit further for me on the adapters you require please? Did you self install your Virgin services? If so, all cables and adapters required will have been supplied in the kit.

Kind regards,

Serena