Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Activation time

Hi,

What time does activation normally happen? The leaflet suggests you just plug it all in on the day of activation and it works, but it isn't.

I'm getting a bit fed up as it was meant to happen on the 1st. At least this time we've had the contract through the post but now this. Working from home is hard enough as it is with kids without having to use a WiFi hotspot which we're now having to pay extra for as well as pay Virgin for not having a service.

Can anyone offer assistance as when you call it says there's a wait up to an hour but then just hangs up anyway 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Activation time

Hi. I received my Quick Start Kit yesterday (after being promised it on 27/3 - oh the stress of it!!) and once i'd got everything set up, it did take five hours for signal to stabilise, much longer than expected. Have you checked (several times i bet) that all connections are fully secure? 

Have you tried online chat facility (tho will be closed now)? There is also a text service 07533051809 - you will get to a bot first but should be rerouted to an actual human, once nature of query established. Otherwise, a tech may appear on here but suspect very short-staffed. Best wishes for speedy conclusion, if not already done so. Kristin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, If youd like to private message me with your account number, area reference and address, i can look into this for you?

thanks
Shaun

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 94082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both,

We managed to get through to a human on the phone yesterday 🙂

The connection is now set up although our router has decided the move was too much so waiting for a hub 3 to arrive tomorrow. We can use it with wires for now though.

Appreciate all the work the tech people are doing in these tough times.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I moved home this Friday at 10th of April, I contacted virgin, they told me that my old address will be deactivated at 10th of April and new one will be activated at 11th of April, so once I moved i tried to connect to Wi-Fi, it says no Internet access denied, however my tv is working. Can anybody help my with that?

Kind regards 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daniel can you PM me your acc number and area ref and I will look into this for you

Adam

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Please PRIVATE MESSAGE ME about saving £50 off of your bill
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am a Virgin Media field technician working on a 2nd line support project. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own equipment at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving some kudos.

Why not save yourself £50 by referring a friend to Virgin Media. For more info please DM me

Please PRIVATE MESSAGE ME about saving £50 off of your bill
0 Kudos