Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Activation time

Obviously with everything going on I would expect thing to maybe take longer?

Thanks to Kevin on webchat got an engineer deliver my new router this morning. Just took it off him as was supposed to be a quick start anyway.

Called an activated about 9ish this morning. Still got flashing green light. Called again an it said it needed activated. That then put my through to customer services, obviously no answer. The test on my virgin media says I'm not connected when I run it? Would I be safe in just assuming the activation is taking longer than normal?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation time

activation is usually instant as an automated service but things may have changed with the way things are

did the tech have a look or just drop the hub off - quick start knows there has been VM in the property before but not if it actually works due to damage or someone removing the internal stuff so your problem may be that

wait for one of the VM people to have a look at the thread - they may be able to help

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi there, im George an engineer for virgin media. if the light is flashing green means you have no signal coming through if the green light is on means there is signals. also if at any point the bottom light turns white and the middle 2 arrows turn red means you have an account issue. if so please message me and ill be able to help.

kind regards.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sent you a message George

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issues.   Bottom green light alternating between solid and flashing.  Spoke to support who said there was an intermittent fault in my area.  The old router worked fine - would I be able to swap it back?

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@bratt wrote:

I'm having the same issues.   Bottom green light alternating between solid and flashing.  Spoke to support who said there was an intermittent fault in my area.  The old router worked fine - would I be able to swap it back?

Mike

if the new one has not activated then the old one may well still work - put it back and see what happens

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I swapped them back - but the old one doesn't work now 😞

Mike 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've fixed it... it was the location of the cable splitter...   The router didn't work when it was situated in close proximity.. After I located nearer to the wall socket and everything is working as it should do.  So I guess it was introducing some interference ?

0 Kudos