Menu
Ariello
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Activation issue after home move

Hello,

I have a problem with hub activation after moving to a new flat. An engineer came on 3rd December, installed the hub and told me that Virgin has issues with activations and that I should restart it once in a while and it should finally activate. It is 6th December now and it has still not activated (flashing green "arrows" icon, then same icon flashing red and then back at flashing green).

I am working remotely so I called the support but I forgot the password I set 2 years ago and I was told they cannot check my account and that I will receive a letter via post to my home address in a few days to get back my phone password (why not code to an e-mail or to my mobile number like other services?).

Is there any way to get my hub activated without waiting for a paper letter and calling the support again and investigating the problem (I moved on 27th Nov, earliest engineer visit was on 3rd Dec, it is 6th Dec and I am still without the broadband)?

Thank you for your time.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation issue after home move

Hi @Ariello 

Have you tried calling  0800 953 9500 to activate the box? They shouldn't need your security password for this.

You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

Also, when calling the agent should be able to ask other questions to verify you as the account holder.

THis is usually along the lines of mothers maiden name, place of birth, VM  account number, bank details or amount of last bill.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ariello,

Sorry to hear you have been having an ongoing issue with activating your hub. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

I have been unable to access your account using forum details. Have you tried the great advice given by @newapollo? If so is the activation issue ongoing? Also, have you been able to reset your password?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ariello
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo, @Akua_A, thank you for your messages 👋

I did some reading on VM community forum before attempting to contact the support to make the process more smooth for online agents and myself so yeah, I found this number (0800 953 9500) in one of the posts and I called it with the result I mentioned in the original post. I asked if there is an alternative way to authorise me and I mentioned that I have the serial number and the MAC address on hand but I was told that nothing can be done without the password 😞 I called the number a moment before starting the thread so the problem is still valid and I am now waiting for the letter.

However, I will give it another go and try to contact the support again today. I will mention the advice given by @newapollo and I will update the thread accordingly.

Thank you so much for your help and time.

0 Kudos
Ariello
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

An update on the issue: seems like I was just unlucky with my first call. This time a nice lady verified my details without my password, helped me set up a new password and passed my details to the hub activation team. I shall receive a phone call within the next 24h and someone from that team is supposed to activate my hub (as well as add it under my account as it has not been registered yet).

Guess I should be up and running tomorrow. Will mark the thread as resolved as soon as my internet is working 🙂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again @Ariello 

Thanks for the update.

It's sounding a lot more positive now.

Fingers crossed you are finally up and running tomorrow.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Ariello
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello again,

I did not get any call within 48ish hours so I called the VM support again and spent 30min on the line but the problem was passed straight away to the correct team and I got an SMS that the issue was resolved one hour later.

I am now plugged into the Matrix again!

Seems like the help is super fast if you manage to get to the right person 💪

Thank you for your help and for checking on the problem!

Ariello
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello yet again,

I am happy to have working, fast broadband at home again 💪

However, I have a question about the VM Hub 3.0. Once activated I noticed that all icon lights are off on the hub, only the horizontal led bar has a static, white colour. All other lights are off (the wifi icon indicator and the signal icon indicator). Is that normal?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again @Ariello 

Yes that light means the hub is working OK.

There's a page where you can check what thehub  lights mean <<< here >>> 

Scroll down at click on the section that says, 'Understand what the lights mean on the WiFi Hub'

Dave

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Ariello,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your activation.

How is everything for you today?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos