Menu
deanduncan71
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Activation Time?

I received my home installation kit today, but how do I know if my service is active?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation Time?

Hi deanduncan71,

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

You can also try calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the equipment. You will need the hub serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
deanduncan71
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Update:  This is a redundant question now, as the cables at my house look nothing like the ones in the guide, so there is no way I can install it anyway.  However, thank you for your reply and trying to help me.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you have a Quickstart kit then your house must have VM cabling at some point so I'd look for the tell tale signs of VM cabling outside and follow it inside.

0 Kudos