cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Issues - Hub 5

Jlewis2308
Tuning in

Hello,

I am a new customer to Virgin Media, we have moved house last week and had the set up box already delivered in preparation for our arrival. 

I have plugged it all in, TV box and the Hub 5, have a white light in the bottom corner. Laptop and phone can recognise the Wi-Fi code but there is no active internet. All wires plugged in and box being recognised by my TV. 

I have called the activation line and they have said it cannot be activated until 14th October, despite setting up my contract on the 20th September. Does this sound correct? I am wondering if there is something I am not explaining properly whilst on the phone? 

UPDATE - Just confirmed I actually have a Hub 5, is this why the activation will take over a week? 

4 REPLIES 4

Jlewis2308
Tuning in

UPDATE - Just got off the phone with the activation team, this being my 8th phone call with them over the last week. Activation has been pushed back even further, but will try to log for it to happen on the 14th but more likely later. 

I am getting increasingly frustrated with this, appreciate it isn’t as simple as flipping a switch but surely if the kit is all here and this house had an active virgin media supply 10 days ago how can it take so long to activate a new box? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Jlewis2308, thanks for posting on our help forum today.
A warm welcome to our community, we'd be happy to assist with any issues faced.

We're sorry to hear of this confusion caused with your house move and equipment activation, as well as the delay in getting the services up and running in the new property.

Could you please advise if your services need an engineer visit to install or has our team advised of any external cabling work to complete so we can link you up with our network (which could push the activation further down the line)?

We'd love to help, however this may depend on our engineers and how fast they can set you up which is also a matter of time and staff availability.
Let us know of the above and we are eager to best advise on this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Adri, 

Thanks for your reply. No I have not been informed an engineer needs to come out. The old owners of the property were using Virgin Media up to the day they left (5th) and we moved in immediately after (6th) so I don’t think there is any issue with the hardware as such. 

I just keep being told the Hub and TV box needs to be activated. But I have also just received a text message saying new kit is now being delivered on the 14th which can’t be necessary as the current box I have is only 10 days old! 

I just really need it to be activated so we can get on with work.

Thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jlewis2308, 

I am sorry to hear about this and the issues you are facing, we would love to try and help. I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there.

Keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie