Menu
vmattv
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Activating replacement router deliered 18+ months ago (only just gotten around to swapping)

Howdy lovely people. I received a SH3 about 18months ago and never used it, i stuck with the super annoying dodgy SH2 (I know, I know) after the issue finally got worse I tried to replace it this week but even though I have the same phone I had then I have no record of an activation txt that the manual tells me to reply 'go' to. Is there anyway to activate this without spending an hour on hold, as I'm struggling for time at the moment. I've tried the text number but they said they can't help with that problem as it sounds like a fault (I have the replacement router, it literally just needs activating). Any appreciated before I just have to suck it up. Stay safe, everyone.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activating replacement router deliered 18+ months ago (only just gotten around to swapping)

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or, text the same details to 07533 051809 - responses are slower though

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
vmattv
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activating replacement router deliered 18+ months ago (only just gotten around to swapping)

Thanks. I had tried the text to 07533 051809 previously, but just for future reference they explicitly said they can't/don't do activations, to quote their SMS:

"Okay for the activation also technical team only can help you. we don't have access to activate I apologize for the inconvenienced cause you."

I guess I'm stuck playing musical phones as time allows, I'll try the times you suggest at the weekend.

thanks for trying

[ugh I can't work out how to fix my embarrassing typo in the thread subject]

0 Kudos