Menu
ADH67
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Activating old Hub 3

Hi folks just been on the phone with the least helpful person ever who simply didn't listen to me. 

Hopefully one of you wonderful people can help as I have 3 under 12s would would choose Internet over oxygen. 

Last night my Hub3 broke beyond repair. The bit that the coax goes in was completely detached, tried to fix it to no avail and now there's no power. 

I managed to get an old Hub that my neighbour had in a cupboard from a while back but when I called the person wouldn't listen and kept saying I can only have 1 hub etc 

When he finally tried to activate it he said he couldn't find it on the inventory. 

Surely it's easier for VM to activate the one I have which is still a Hub3 than me having to wait on a new one. 

Can someone please advise. 

Thanks in advance folks 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activating old Hub 3

For historic reasons it is VM's company policy NEVER to reactivate a hub that's already been used on another account, UNLESS it has been returned to the company for inspection and "reconditioning".  So your neighbour's hub will never be activated for you to use.

I have flagged your message for the forum staff to advise - they can probably get a replacement posted out to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activating old Hub 3

Hi ADH67, 

Really sorry that your hub is broken and I can appreciate you're keen to stay connected. 

As advised we wouldn't be able to activate any equipment that is old or not linked to your account, we would however arrange a replacement hub. 

I've had a look into the back end of things and can see that since posting a new hub has been ordered and will be with you ASAP. 

Let us know if you have any further concerns. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos