Menu
AndyHst
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Activate V6 box

Hi, got my second V6 box today.  I currently sat on hold again waiting for it to be activated.  Is there anyone on the forum that can do this?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activate V6 box

I doubt you will get anyone at this time of day.

It can take several hours for the 'auto' activation to work.

Leave it overnight and if it still isn't working by then try the following, call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That is 150 from a Virgin landline options 1,1,1 and 4 or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, options 1,1,2 and 4.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
AndyHst
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike,

I was on hold for 1hr 2mins then got cut off, so frustrating.

0 Kudos
AndyHst
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone there who can activate this box please?  I've been on hold again today for another 45mins it is getting very tiresome.  The service really needs improving around this.  I get that Covid has restricted what companies can do but surly there must be an easier way to activate a box.  I've tried the other options Mike but it keeps saying to call.  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try calling at 08.00 if you havent got through until then

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

If they say it has been activated then ask them to test the line.

V6's are "interchangeable" so if you plug the new box on the connection that the working one is on - does it work? That is - Is the second co-ax line connection, actually working - you could just plug the first V6 onto the second connection too, and see if it works ok. If it doesn't there will be a fault on that line somewhere and the new V6 is actually activated.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
AndyHst
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John,

I've finally just spoken to an engineer and he has asked me to leave the box for an hour and hopefully I should then have channels then. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But not if the second line is the fault 😞

But... fingers are crossed 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
AndyHst
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No Fault on line, all working now.

Thanks

0 Kudos