Menu
kingklazzikal
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Access is denied

New customer here and I have had no service since yesterday...router says access denied and since customer service is non existent, no help on twitter or via the phone...I'm stuck with seeking help on a forum...can you imagine that this is a company known as Virgin...

Can my service please be activated correctly... thanks

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access is denied

a few more details might help - is this a self install - if so what are the hub lights doing and have you rung the activation number

Tony
0 Kudos
kingklazzikal
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, it's a self install and it's the power light blinking, it should have be activated automatically and yet I had to ring the activation line...I have logged into the router and can see access is denied... which means it's been set-up wrong...I just need some in virgin to go sort out the access information...but I can't reach anyone for over 24 hours now...

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

why do you think it should have activated automatically - the common way to get the hub on line is to ring the activation line - that said even that sometimes does not work and VM have to sort some settings out on the account - that may be whats wrong here - if it is it can take a day or so for that to be done

will flag the thread and see if i can get someone here 

Tony
0 Kudos
kingklazzikal
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have never had to activate a broadband service?...it's not a sim card, also I was told by virgin it's automatic on self install and there's no where it states I need an activation not even on the website while ordering

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@kingklazzikal wrote:

I have never had to activate a broadband service?...it's not a sim card, also I was told by virgin it's automatic on self install and there's no where it states I need an activation not even on the website while ordering

its not automatic normally - the hub is locked to your account and it has to be activated - thats normally by ringing the activation line - it should then be automatic - that does not always work and a phone agent has to do it manually 

VM is different to other providers in this as once activated all is then set up - you dont have to enter details into the hub

being told by VM its automatic could be just a play on words or it could be the agent just got it wrong

the activation number is 0800 953 9500

Tony
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi kingklazzikal, thanks for the message, we are sorry to hear that your having issues with the service/ activation. We will send you a private message to get this looked into further - Chris 

0 Kudos