Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely no communication, unreal lack of service

We moved into our property on the 3rd of February 2021. Before this we were given the option of sky for the 15th, or virgin for the 17th. We opted to go with virgin due to the greater speeds and being a very happy previous customer in other properties. They gave us the date of installation for the 17th, we received a text weeks earlier about external work we wouldn’t need to be home for, so the external work actually came on the 17th (yesterday). I spoke to the engineer and offered him coffee, he seemed cheerful and didn’t report any issues or problems to me. I checked my virgin media account and my installation (the follow up, internally not the external work) was supposed to be today, the 18th. From 8am to 6pm, I sat in anticipation as we have been 2+ weeks without internet. I work from home online, each day, every day without internet access I LOSE money, and I promise my clients dates on which my services will resume, this impacts my credibility. It reaches 6pm after 10 hours of waiting, by the window so I do not have an opportunity to miss them. I also called virgin during the day and spoke to a U.K. representative who assured me my installation was coming today. After it didn’t arrive, I called and was put through to a Indian out sourced call centre who told me external work was not able to be completed on the 12th. Now me and my partner have been at home everyday since moving in, and the external engineer actually came on the 17th. I asked the Indian representative if virgin would need to seek permission from the council to go ahead with installation, they told me “yes, that’s actually correct.” Now virgin have had weeks to get such permission, but the real kicker is, I’ve been promised dates. I have received no communication by any means. No email, no text, no call, no letter, nothing. I then asked to be transferred to a department which could assist me further, I was put through to another out sourced call centre in the Philippines. I asked if they can redirect me to a U.K. representative, someone more local as even the external engineer had told me to my face, someone would be round soon/tomorrow. The second out sourced call centre employee told me she has no access to direct lines to put me through to a U.K. representative. I’d like to ask respectfully, what the **bleep** is going on. Why has no one contacted me to tell me there is potentially an issue, and why am I not informed or date changes, and why am I promised installation on specific dates. Why when I enter my postcode am I told that virgin media is infact in my area and up to 1g speeds, that is great news. Now if anyone can actually communicate with me, that would be a great help as I lose income daily and have bills to pay, daily. I didn’t mention the hour long phone waits, which the robot voice claims is to help the “most vulnerable” first, can somebody explain how virgin media can determine who exactly is the most vulnerable, why is every company on planet earth trying to use the flu as an excuse to not communicate properly. 😃

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Absolutely no communication, unreal lack of service

Virgin Media is a residential service and is not intended for business use. There is no guarantee of continuous connection.  If you are likely to lose money for loss of service, you should either have a standby service like 4G mobile data, or get a proper Virgin Business contract which has a defined service level agreement. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I earn money in my residence, the internet is also for general usage like leisure, like watching shows and doing everyday normal things, it is not strictly for business use, I just mentioned that I am losing money over a promise of installation that has not been fulfilled. I’ve not gained anything from your reply 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Useless reply please don’t add another useless notification. I have a contract with virgin, they haven’t fulfilled their side of it, yet. I’m incompetent for wanting my internet installed on time, as they said they would. It was confirmed on call yet they didn’t show up. And because I mentioned I also make money using my internet connection, I’m somehow the incompetent one? I use 4g also, nice suggestion, I suggest you don’t reply again 

Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If council permission is required then this can upwards 6 weeks, so even if they knew prior to the install that external work would be needed they'd still need the possible 6 weeks between contacting the local council and getting approval/contractors if needed for any digging etc.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What they were trying to say before you rudely shot them down in flames is that you are signing up to a residential service which clearly states that there is no guarantee of service whatsoever. If you require a guarantee of service you require a business connection not a residential one. Your service will be installed when it's installed. Whether or not you lose money from it not being installed in time means nothing to VM as they have never guaranteed any such service. 

Even after your service is installed, it may be intermittent or may have outages in excess of 24 hours. Do not depend on it. It's a residential service for leisure use and the occasional work-from-home use.