Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Absolute joke of an installation

Hello,

I notified Virgin more than a one month in advance about my move to a new house.

They did some external works pre-arrival to which I received a completion text on the 8th of October.

My installation date was 7th November 2020. Now the technicians set up everything indoors, only to find that the external work has not been fully done, as the wire was not connected to the cab, and there was no place to put the wire in. 

I believe the external works have been carried out again on the 9th and 10th of November. Now they are trying to give me an installation date of 23rd of November.

So you’re telling me I have to wait 2 weeks to have internet installed because of THEIR ERROR.

I have been on hold with them today for over three hours, being passed around from one department to another, trying to see if I can push the installation date forward.  One guy had enough and transferred me to Virgin Mobile!!

If I have to wait 2 weeks I’m seriously considering going to BT as they’re doing 900mbps in my area. 

What a joke when I’m doing my master degree online

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Absolute joke of an installation

One question I have:

since the technicians already installed everything and left me the wire to connect to the router, can I use the router I have from my previous flat to connect to it. I honestly don’t see the point why I have to wait another 2 weeks for someone to just get me connected

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Absolute joke of an installation

not f its been deactivated. but you can connect it and try your luck

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos