Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A quickstart package i didnt order , cant seem to contact anyone about it

I just received an email from yodel to say my quickstart package is arriving soon . Strange thing is i didnt order one. I spoke to 2 people on the helpline recently about possibly upgrading but on both occasions said it was too expensive and said i  didnt wish to go ahead with it . 

Today I immediately tried to call VM and an automated message  told me  i have a quickstart package arriving so its not a phishing / spam mail . I presume i will be charged and tied into a contract now and/or have to go to the trouble of sending whatever is arriving back to them  . My opinion of VM was already extremely low after they tried to sell me TV packages i didnt need saying that was the only way i  could get a speed upgrade on my broadband and said the offer i wanted to solely upgrade the broadband was no longer available, and now this has happened .

Does anyone know how i can speak to someone at a UK call center as i have had about as much of this company as i  can stand .  The worst service i have ever received from any company!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: A quickstart package i didnt order , cant seem to contact anyone about it

Try ringing at 8am and using the "Thinking of leaving" menu option, that sometimes gets you through to a UK call centre. 

Or you can use the text service. 

It's strange that they have sent you a QuickStart for an upgrade. I'd normally say refuse the delivery, but that's difficult now you can't decline to sign for it! 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI ,

I am actually in a queue at the moment its currently been 22 minutes , i  can understand at the moment and circumstances it will take a while, Whats irking me is the fact i  shouldnt be on the phone at all . This really does take the biscuit and i  will switch to another ISP after this . I have had so many lies and problems with Virgin Media in the past month alone its past a joke now .

Thanks for the help , All the best .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Did you get through? Just wondering what they said

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI , 

Thank you for following up , after 40 mins waiting i decided to try your method and even though it was much later in the day after 20 minutes i got through ( to a UK operator 🙂  ) . It was an error on their part and is all sorted now. After a chat ( calm and collected ) about the problems i have had , they honoured the original offer and added some other perks to my package so currently i am quite happy to stay with them . Its amazing what some good customer service can achieve , If only more of their control centre workers were like the gent i spoke to they wouldnt have such a terrible reputation for customer service . Once again thanks for all your help and concern . All the best 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad to here you got it sorted and hope you have no further problems 🙂 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lynn_A1, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the service and we are happy to hear that you have managed to get this resolved. We will get this fed back for you and let us know if you need anything - Chris 

0 Kudos