cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 failed engineer appointments. Total loss of service at wits end

Rsds1418
Joining in

My outside cable was “cut” accidentally by workers on the 26th of September.

Virgin technician confirmed this on the 27th of September and said she would class it as total loss of service and it should be fixed within 24-48 hours.

28th of September an engineer attended but wasn’t able to do a repull.

29th of September an engineer attended but wasn’t able to do a repull.

30th of September an engineer attended and this time I was home. Explained he was the third engineer to come and do a repull. He looked confused and said let me call my manager. He let me know the manager checked the details and it had been listed incorrectly for the job but they managed to book someone else to come out that day. That engineer told my husband we now had water damage and it would need to be the construction team that sorted the problem.

I was told an engineer would attend between 8-12 on the 2nd of October. No one came. I was then told engineer was delayed and it would be before 7pm. No one came.

I was then told that today an engineer would attend. They did. Spoke to my husband about doing a repull and if they couldn’t then it would need to be referred to the construction team, to which my husband replied yes the engineer from 3 days ago told us that. They were obviously unable to complete the work as I am still without service.

I am tearing my hair out. I just want someone to fix my cable and get me up and going. They just keep talking about automatic compensation which at this point I couldn’t care less about. I want my internet!!!

I can’t fault the actual engineers, they have all been great but just haven’t been given any correct information to get the job done.

I have been polite. I have been patient. But I’ve reached the end of my tether now.

Please. PLEASE. Can a mod pick this up and actually get me the right engineer? I’m going to be out of contract at the beginning of next month and will terminate my service and go elsewhere if this isn’t fixed by Friday.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Rsds1418,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your re-pull, I can only apologise for the issues that you've had so far and this is far from the experience and service any customers should be having from us. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you and cant a complaint raised and sent over to our install and construction team but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Xaceo
Tuning in

Had similar situation back in august. Took around 1 month (and 3 hrs of phone calls with VM customer service) for them to replace the cable. Also did not get any "automatic compensation" which i was promised.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Rsds1418,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your re-pull, I can only apologise for the issues that you've had so far and this is far from the experience and service any customers should be having from us. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you and cant a complaint raised and sent over to our install and construction team but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if it needs a repul it will go to outside contractors and if you thing the service so far is bad be prepared for it to get worse - was there a while back - took just over 3 months with input from the ceo's office who were great but just read from the same script and as far as i could tell actually were able to do little to nothing - area field managers came and went - white vans arrived and wend just as quickly - bottom line is it will happen when it happens - staff here can raise complaints - issue apologies and tell you its not as things should be but can actually do nothing

but VM will continue to bill you for the non existent service however long its off - you will get about £9 a day compensation but be prepared to fight for it and work round lies like council permissions - 2 days max not 6 weeks as can be said - they have even said in the past they did not pay compensation as they could not afford it

dont waste your time ringing whoever you speak to can do nothing but will assure you it will be sorted tomorrow or tomorrows tomorrow etc etc because they are clueless but thats what the screen say

look at a 4g/5g sim deal with smarty or mobile deal with 3 on a 30 day contract - us ethe compensation to finance that

just get on with your life and let the idiotic CS that is VM sort it out when you card comes to the top because thats how it works

Tony.
Sacked VIP