cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G showing up as an option

dienhoasaigon
Joining in

Hello everone,

I’ve logged into the router and 5G is enabled but on devices it’s just not showing as an option to select. Can you help me as it’s driving me mad!

I really need help.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

asim18
Fibre optic

Try follow the instructions in this thread I think that's what you're trying to do:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/How-do-i-split-wifi-on-superhub-3/td-p/4770...

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As shipped the VM hubs have a combined SSID for both bands. The previous posts tells you how to split the bands, but it may not ben necessarily. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dienhoasaigon, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

As mentioned by our lovely VIP Tudor above, the hubs will have both bands active and combined. This is so your connection can swap seamlessly between the 2 bands if needed depending on where and how you use the device connected. We recommend leaving the bands combined to ensure the best connection however should you wish to separate them, you can do this following the thread given above by asim18 🙂 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs