cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 cancelled installation dates and 4 months without internet

JBraddick
Joining in

I signed up for Virgin broadband four months ago (in mid-November) and have had five missed install dates. My neighbours on both sides have Virgin broadband so I don’t understand what the problem is. 

Is there anything I can do to get this resolved? 

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

A staff member should be able to pick this up and make an enquiry for you. 

Make sure you keep records of all the installation promises. When it is finally installed you will be entitled to very substantial compensation under the OFCOM regulations. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JBraddick 👋 Thank you for your post. We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

I can see you're currently in a private message with one of my colleagues, and I'm sure they'll be able to address your concerns.

Thank you for your advice @jpeg1 😀

Regards,

Daniel

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Daniel_Et wrote:

Hi @JBraddick👋Thank you for your post. We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

I can see you're currently in a private message with one of my colleagues, and I'm sure they'll be able to address your concerns.

Thank you for your advice @jpeg1😀

Regards,

Daniel

the optimism of youth or a new team member is always worth seeing - however history tells us that there will be little your colleague will be able to to but offer phone numbers - which you could have done to sent the OP down the dark hole that is VM installs

so to the OP - as said keep records for the compensation you are due - dont let them scam you with the council permit excuse and if and when they do install you and the compensation is not what you are due come back here

and 2 final points - do not cancel your existing provider until VM are up and running and if you become tired of the lies and false promises that go with poor VM install DO NOT cancel - let it run until they finally get their act together and install then cancel in the 14 day cooling off period and collect all the compensation you are due

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@-tony- wrote:

so to the OP - as said keep records for the compensation you are due - dont let them scam you with the council permit excuse and if and when they do install you and the compensation is not what you are due come back here

and 2 final points - do not cancel your existing provider until VM are up and running and if you become tired of the lies and false promises that go with poor VM install DO NOT cancel - let it run until they finally get their act together and install then cancel in the 14 day cooling off period and collect all the compensation you are due

!THIS

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.