cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Engineers called out, ZERO turn up

TTIAP
On our wavelength

20211231_093419.jpg20211231_091906.jpg

This has been hanging outside the house for over a year and we've only now found out the problem for our connection issue was faulty lines put in, nobody shows up, 3 months of this, whenever i call for an engineer none come on the day, a 6th booked for today and i know they won't turn up again, was told over the phone by a UK agent "If you want the honest truth, it's because you've only got broadband" what does that matter? even if i had a phone service, they should be out to fix this appalling line that i've had to put insulation around and then wrap in a bag, every call centre now is an Indian one that LITERALLY walks me around in circles, to places that say i need to go and call XYZ number which ends up being the SAME THREE NUMBERS!, why is it so hard to get good service? thinking of just moving to community fibre if i can't get it sorted today.

Oh the kicker:
"We can't give you a discount or refund for the services lost till it's fixed"

Total BS.

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Cabling looks good to my untutored eye. Doesnt this just need the weatherproof cover refitting ?

If so, a VM person will respond on here in a day or two and should be able to get it sorted for you.

What do you mean by "faulty lines were put in" and who told you that - a VM Tech or an offshore CS agent?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

TTIAP
On our wavelength

A VM Tech literally came out to check my connections, everything was in working order, apart from these lines, he was the one that booked the engineer to begin with

Hi TTIAP,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm terribly sorry to hear you've been struggling to get an engineer to come out to fix your omni box cover. It seems very strange how so many appointments have been missed. Had you received any sort of confirmation of why the appointment couldn't go ahead on any occasion?

The fact that you are a broadband-only customer wouldn't change anything or make you less eligible for an engineer visit, this is simply untrue. I'm completely unsure why you would have been advised this as it's incorrect, I am sorry about that.

I can see that you have been able to speak with our team since posting, have you been able to get everything sorted?

Kind regards

Beth

TTIAP
On our wavelength

No need, for all of the trouble trying to get someone out, i've been able to cancel the contract early for free and go with community fibre, 600mbps over my poxy 200 along with only needing to pay £30 a month, a literal steal in comparison to virgin charging me £50, glad to be rid of this service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Community Fibre are supposed to be brilliant according to Trustpilot. A good result. 

TTIAP
On our wavelength

Yeah, we just got our installation done i couldn't actually believe it was was 600/600mbps thats way better than virgin

Sorry to hear that you've decided to cancel the services TTIAP, however, we completely understand your reasons why.

We're just sorry we could not offer you the help required when you were a customer with us.

We wish you all the best.

Kind regards Jodi.