cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th time lucky or not?

johnf1717
Joining in

Dear VM, 

Self install set up for Friday 7th, nothing arrived, told to hold tight Saturday and Sunday. Sunday evening comes around so I call VM and explain no equipment has been delivered so arrange for click and collect at a store to make sure I can get set up for getting back to work on Wednesday. Not ideal but I think to myself- oh well at least I’ll get set up. 
Monday evening I google the store location to check the location to find it is permanently closed down! 
call back to VM again, eclipsing 4hrs on the phone at this point. First person obviously doesn’t want to deal with the mess so cuts me off, second person can’t seem to grasp that I don’t have any equipment yet and keeps trying to get an engineer out to fix something rather than set up. Eventually get through to her that I need equipment and get an engineer booked in for today. I receive a text this morning implying someone is coming to fix a fault! Engineer not here yet but I am betting my house on them not having new equipment etc and are expecting to fix a fault. 
To summarise- stayed in Friday Saturday and Sunday for a delivery which didn’t arrive, then set up a click and collect to a store that doesn’t exist and now seems there’s no one coming to install it. If it wasn’t completely hindering my life it would be laughable 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @johnf1717,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the delay with getting you installed.

I located your account using your forums details, I can see that a work order was completed today. Can you please confirm if someone has been round today? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @johnf1717,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the delay with getting you installed.

I located your account using your forums details, I can see that a work order was completed today. Can you please confirm if someone has been round today? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, 

yes virgin media engineer Darren who was booked to do a repair instead of an install was amazing and sorted everything out and liaised with sales for me. My account has been completed cancelled somehow so had to start from scratch with another credit check. All sorted now though all thanks to Darren

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @johnf1717,

Thank you for the update, I am glad that Darren was able to fix this for you.

I am sorry you have had to start from the beginning.

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team