Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

4 way splitter loose connections - poor latency and intermittent drop in connection

Hi, wanted to post but seeing similar but not the same issue, I had an extra device installed in my property that comes out from the internal white box into a 4 way splitter and is powered.

This was to resolve the poor connection and to stabilise connection (Oomph package), it was supposed to be temporary, but no one has since been out resolve in over 12 months. I think have found why the current setup is failing and I am suffering poor latency and spikes I connection.

I looked at the cabling and can see that the engineer has just pushed a cable into a socket, which if you touch ( even blow on it) it just falls out or moves about (subsequently the virgin connection disappeared), all other connections are screwed into this splitter.

I have tried to explain this unsuccessfully to the telephone support who as of yet,  over a week have not got back to me. They were sending out an engineer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4 way splitter loose connections - poor latency and intermittent drop in connection

@Mylifesablast wrote:

Hi, wanted to post but seeing similar but not the same issue, I had an extra device installed in my property that comes out from the internal white box into a 4 way splitter and is powered.

This was to resolve the poor connection and to stabilise connection (Oomph package), it was supposed to be temporary, but no one has since been out resolve in over 12 months. I think have found why the current setup is failing and I am suffering poor latency and spikes I connection.

I looked at the cabling and can see that the engineer has just pushed a cable into a socket, which if you touch ( even blow on it) it just falls out or moves about (subsequently the virgin connection disappeared), all other connections are screwed into this splitter.

I have tried to explain this unsuccessfully to the telephone support who as of yet,  over a week have not got back to me. They were sending out an engineer.

Would you mind posting an image?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4 way splitter loose connections - poor latency and intermittent drop in connection

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Mylifesablast wrote:

Virgin Fibre splitter

That's a dead link.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4 way splitter loose connections - poor latency and intermittent drop in connection - video

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4 way splitter loose connections - poor latency and intermittent drop in connection - video

One of these should resolve your issue:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NANYI-Coaxial-Coupler-Connector-Female-Female-2Pack/dp/B07JRD4L3T/ref=sr_1_... 

Remove whatever is plugged/screwed into the forward path equaliser (Device with red colouring) that's currently allowing it to plug into the splitter, screw the above in, then plug that into the splitter.

Unless of course the pin for the input has failed!

If you could remove the loose cable and show us a picture of the connector currenly in use it may help us confirm.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff, have noticed the splitter port looks to big to screw the cable in without the red thing.
will try one of those adapter and see,

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Mylifesablast wrote:

Great stuff, have noticed the splitter port looks to big to screw the cable in without the red thing.
will try one of those adapter and see,

thanks

Could you post a picture of the connector, on the cable end, and the splitter end, to be sure?

I would hate for you to end up buying the wrong thing!

One of these could be more appropriate:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CDL-Micro-Connector-Satellite-Coupler/dp/B00EANNNY8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2EQSOSQ... 

0 Kudos