cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 months of pre pull delays

Mandinz
On our wavelength

I have been waiting to have my services installed since December 2020!

Every time I get given an 'installation date' it gets cancelled on the day with a reason of 'the pre pull of the cable hasn't happened' or 'there is a problem in the road that needs fixing'.

Pre-installation team say they can't help me, Construction team say they can't help me.

tempted to start calling the 3rd party contractors directly and see if I can get answers because Customer Services is like getting blood from a stone.

I've raised an official complaint, probably pointless, but I feel out of options.

115 REPLIES 115

Thank you for picking this up @Lee_R

The pre-pull team did turn up yesterday afternoon with the aim of installing by the end of the day. However the initial excitement soon faded when they decided that the work would need to be undertaken by the night crew between 9-12 due to the single lane nature of the road.

In itself that was understandable but I know that was the instruction on the notes after the first attempt to pull back at the very beginning of March so this visit was essentially no progress. The crew assured me that this would be done and they would be back to complete the road to house cabling before the 19th.

Based on the last 6 weeks of misinformation I'm skeptical but at least it has revived a sense that i'm not forgotten about - for now.

Meanwhile another very expensive mobile data bundle has had to be purchased.

Mandinz
On our wavelength

@EdBed I complained and got the mobile team to give me unlimited data on my VM Mobile SIM card for free until the home service was connected.

You've been left without internet because they've been unable to meet their deadlines. You shouldn't have to pay more to them to get subpar 4 mbps 4G mobile data when you can't have your full speed home internet

Hi EdBed,

Thanks for confirming this, I'm sorry that this is still an ongoing issue for you.

I will get in contact with Lee_R to see if there has been any update or response to his email.

Thanks

Rob

OMG I am in the same situation. Both @Mandinz and @EdBed I can't believe what I am reading is exactly what I have been going through for 4 weeks. 4 weeks and counting so far without internet! I have just got off the phone with the installation team after 1 hour and 11 minutes. They have finally offered to send me a VM SIM card tomorrow to try and have some sort of broadband in the meantime.

I've had my installation date pushed back 3 times so far. 1st time there was no explanation; 2nd time it was permit issues; 3rd time is currently blockage (even though 4 houses down the road have virgin broadband!)

So I'm psyching myself up to call back Virgin and ask to speak to the area manager - is that correct? Any more tips would be much appreciated until I'm up and running. I should have just stayed with slow-mo broadband and not complained!

Sorry to hear that you install isn't going as planned, TwentyTwenty-1,

Have you been in touch with the team since your post? Many time with pre-install works this can be delays due to permits and other unforeseeable circumstances.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

I appreciate that there may be delays - but 3 times is a bit excessive when Virgin promise installation within 2 weeks of signing up.

As a consequence of having received my SIM from Virgin for temporary broadband access (which is a whole other story of having to call up Virgin mobile every 7 days to renew my unlimited internet access until broadband is installed), an automated email was generated welcoming me to Virgin. Since the email I have been trying to speak to this elusive Area Manager but have been bounced round from team to team who can only tell me the info on the computer screen. I don't want as a result of the automated email - to be then put at the bottom of the queue for installation as I'm not confident anymore in Virgin's processes. 

I'm currently on hold with Virgin's pre-install team (after customer care could not help me) and the rep has said he is sending an email with my queries to the area manager as he has no access to a direct contact number. I've been on the phone now for 35 minutes on a Sunday afternoon.......

I am really sorry @TwentyTwenty-1

I will do some chasing on your behalf.

Regards

Lee_R

Thank you for picking this up @Lee-R - I just want to know that the team that are doing the pre-pull have actually been told to do this job on the 7th so that the engineer can come out on the 12th!

You're welcome @TwentyTwenty-1

I have contacted the field on your behalf.  When I have a response I will get back to you.

Regards

Lee

Radient
On our wavelength

Might be in for a long haul experience here sorry to hear your troubles

I signed up in September 2020 and was finally connected in late May 2021 after months of missed deadlines.

My pull through was only a short one too. I managed to get the case referred to the right managers in the end which dramatically sped up the proceedings, and also the quality of updates/ communication. I hope you don't have to wait as long as we did!