Menu
Gaz22
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

360 box’s connections

Hi all, I have hub 3 and 2 v6 boxes at the moment but have upgraded to hub 4 and 2 new 360 boxes. Kit arrived today and first point is they are both the same size and both made by humax. There is also no splitter in the box. My hub is not near the wall socket as before I had my previous installation I ran a cable in for the engineer. At the minute it the cable goes into a 3way splitter with no labels on outputs. 1 goes to hub, 1 to v6 box beside it and 1 goes to bedroom box. The new kit has a lead to connect wall socket to the hub or splitter that has something built into it. My Questions are, do you need to use this lead and if so should it be placed before the splitter or would it be ok to place it between splitter and hub, doing this would mean that the boxes would not be running through whatever is built into the lead. Also when you look at the self install diagrams it shows splitters marked tv and hub so does this mean my splitter won’t work..sorry for long winded post I hope it makes seance, many thanks

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Up to speed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box’s connections

The cable you refer to has an isolater built in. I gues in your set up you will have one of these in your wall socket so there is no need to use it. Just plug the equip into the existing leads / splitter.
0 Kudos