Menu
Denden6
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

360 box not working on all my gadgets

Prior to receiving my 360 box all my WiFi gadgets were working perfectly Since connecting my 360 box my laptop and chromecast no longer work when I spoke to the tech department at Virgin they wanted to charge me £5 to sort out anyone else had this problem 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box not working on all my gadgets

Hello

I am afraid your thread is confusing what do you mean the laptop / chromecast are not working ? Do you mean that they cannot connect to the wireless or do they not get the internet ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Denden6
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Prior to receiving the new 360 router my laptop and chrome cast worked perfectly when I rang virgin tech help with desk they wanted £5 to sort the problem considering I did not request the 360 router  I don’t feel I should have to pay for the help

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The 360 box is a set top TV box not a router.

If you received a new router it would be either a hub3 or a hub4.

If the new router has been activated then you would have been  issued a new SSID to connect your equipment to.

Once set  up  you could either log into the interface 192.168.0.1 and change the SSID and password to match the ones on the original hub, or perform a network search on your laptop, mobiles etc and connect to the new SSID

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos